Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Sea

The Sea

I remember today as if it was a dream
hazy and unclear it seems
But yesterday felt a little more solid
today almost seems invalid

I remember talking something about teams
but no one is on my team it seems
I throw the ball and run to make the catch
like Desmond locked inside the hatch

I remember trying to stick to the theme
but I ran aground in the narrow stream
and couldn't make my way down to the sea
where you were waiting patiently


Back in grade 12, I wrote a very short story titled, "The Mediterranean".  I'm in love with the sea.  One of my favourite Narnia books is "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader".  There's something dreamy about being on the sea.  I don't know what I'm talking about.  Today's piece was actually inspired by Lord of the Rings and the Ents.  I'm not sure if this was only in the movie, but I was inspired by the line, "We're not anybody's side because no one is entirely on our side" or something like that.  Essentially, there wasn't a Team Ents.  I don't know why, but that line always catches my attention whenever I watch the movies... not that I watched them today.  Peace out.

No comments: