Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Missing

The Missing

The missing comes before the leaving
tears, tears and anti-lock breathing

Why is it that we can't cherish the moment?
We dwell in the past and fear or long for the future
Tomorrow comes without invitation
Yesterday, a destination your life can never get to
They told me to leave and just forget you

But the missing comes before the leaving
Tomorrow is another season


I've always felt like I'm a person that doesn't really miss people. I love people. I enjoy their company. I want good things for them. But I usually don't miss them. Some may say "out of sight, out of mind", but I believe it's something more than that. I watch shows like Survivor or Big Brother and the contestants make it seem like such a big deal to talk to someone from back home because they've been gone for 3 whole weeks, and I never seem to understand that type of emotion.

On the other hand, I'm someone who hates the leaving, the final goodbyes. I always cry. Old Faithful here can be relied on to shed at least a tear even if it's someone I have no reason to miss. It's just the goodbye and the anticipation of the goodbye really messes me up. The last days of a trip/visit are always emotional for me... but the day after the "separation", life goes on and I don't miss them. That makes me heartless. Right here... the heartless fool crying in the corner. Peace out.

No comments: