Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sweaters and Shoes

Sweaters and Shoes

I traded tears for fears
and then tears again
Bartering my feelings
for some wise thoughts
the "ought"s
and "have to"s
I pack sweaters
and I pack shoes
Trying to predict the future
I gaze down the dimension of time
and wonder where life is taking me
or if I'll just end up hitting rewind


So today was my last full day here for a while. I don't know how long really. That's one of the things that is making it harder... harder for me to wrap my head around things and harder for me to pack appropriately.

What causes homesickness? Is it real or something in our heads? Can people really be homesick in these modern times with the interwebs and the emails, and the text msgs and the video chatting? What is it that we are missing? Is it the sense of being home? The tiredness that comes from being "away"? And what is its cure? Redefining home? Forgetting what home is like? A beautiful girl? Peace out.

No comments: