Saturday, September 25, 2010

Wrong Cheek

Wrong Cheek

I can't trust my eyes
and I don't hear things with much accuracy
My version of the world is flawed
It's as though I'm looking at it through uncut diamonds
distorted
and unclear
worse than trying to write looking in a mirror
I shed a single tear
and wipe the wrong cheek 

Our view of the world is so flawed.  I know mine is whenever I look at a picture of myself or record myself singing/playing guitar.  My initial reaction always is, "is that what I look like?"  or "is that what I sound like?"  I wonder sometimes if I'm actually right and that I shouldn't be swayed by these imperfect recorders.  All recording devices are flawed too and they can't capture reality exactly.  But I concede that probably both are true:  the recorders are imperfect and so is my view of reality.  It's weird though because an outside observer should be able to see reality as it is.... unless it's another person or another recorder - both would be imperfect.

I'm awful at doing things while looking in a mirror.  I can figure out left from right, but my depth perception is awful.  Peace out.

No comments: