Sunday, September 26, 2010

time and time and time

time and time and time

everything you do is wrong
you strummed too fast for this particular song
nothing you do is right
thinking it's day in the middle of the night
you can't win by design
there is no reason or rhyme
just time and time and time

give it another shot
you might think you're getting the hang of it
but you're not


I was thinking a little too much today.  When I realized that I was thinking too much today, it got me thinking of the saying, "Don't think about it.  Just do it."  That is the typical advice that I get, being a thinker.  But then I was thinking about the other people on the other side of the spectrum - the people who don't think before they act.  They are given the advice, "Think before you act."  So it just seems like we all just do life wrong.  If you're a thinker, don't think.  And if you're not a thinker, think.  It makes me feel that any advice and the opposite advice has an equal probability of being the correct advice.  I don't get it at all.  Peace out.

No comments: