Monday, September 13, 2010

The Easy Life

The Easy Life

I told myself I could do it
That there was no way I could have blown it

I know the answers
and I'm good looking
I smell nice
and enjoy the cooking

All these things filled up many books on my shelf
Life is easier when you believe the things you tell yourself

I've been reading alot of the series that I've enjoyed growing up. I recently read the Lord of the Rings series and just finished the Prydain Chronicles today and started up on Narnia. Sometimes I wonder if the people who are successful are the ones that believe their own hype. Is the hero a hero because he tells himself that he can do it and believes it? I guess it goes both ways though. Maybe a villian is a villian because he tells himself that he deserves to be the king and believes it. Maybe any character in the story that believes the things they tell themselves get lines and the ones that don't, don't even get mentioned in the story. Hmmm... Peace out.

No comments: