Thursday, September 16, 2010

Burnt

Burnt

My imagination failed me again
I couldn't rewrite history with any flare
I only remember things as they were
It leaves me cold in the arctic air

And again I wonder if things would be better
if forgetting is something that can be learnt
Yesterdays memory forever erased
and I would forget how I was ever burnt

I was thinking about memory again today. Something that I like to think about from time to time. As though I revisit the idea to see whether or not I've subconsciously come up with something new. I was thinking about my memory and how I might not have a good memory. Maybe I just have a bad imagination. Maybe when I try to rewrite history (like everybody does), I just end up accidentally rewriting it "correctly" by accident due to my lack of creativity. I think that is an interesting concept. I do not not forget things. I'm just not imaginative enough to remember the wrong things. I'm not necessarily saying I think that's the case. It's just something I had fun thinking about today. Peace out.


No comments: