Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wanderer

Wanderer

I wander
retracing my steps
inevitably in circles

Dancing
is no means of
quick transportation

A ghost
that moves objects
and scares the children

Today, I read book 4 of the Prydain Chronicles: Taran Wanderer. When I was growing up, the local library didn't have this book so I never got to read it until I was much older. I could guess what happened in the book from the goings on of book 5 but it was nice to finally read it when I did get my hands on it. Actually, when I read it for the first time, it felt like I'd read it before. The story already felt familiar and yet still had some surprises. Spoiler alert! Taran tries to find his parentage (hoping that he is of noble blood because he wants to marry Eilonwy, a princess) and along the way, he spends some time with a "father" that just wanted help around the farm, he tries his had at smithing, weaving and pottery. And at the end, he doesn't find out who his parents were but decides that he will ask Eilonwy to marry her anyways. At the end of the day, no matter who the boy is, he wants to marry his princess. That was in no way the moral of the story but it is true nonetheless. How much longer am I to wander? Peace out.


No comments: