Friday, September 17, 2010

I Don't Know the Stars

I Don't Know the Stars

I won't lie
I don't know the stars
They are a mystery to me
random lights in the night sky

I am lost
I can't find my way
Waiting for the light of day
to find my way through all the frost

I don't know the stars. It's a cliche that is found in a lot in books where people find themselves in unfamiliar lands and look at the stars and the stars feel foreign to them. Or maybe they return home from a far away land and is comforted by the familiar constellations in the night sky. I only know the big dipper and orion. I guess if I couldn't find those constellations in the sky, it would feel weird, but that's the limit of my familiarity with the skies. I don't even know if Orion can be seen all year round. I'm gonna guess that you can, cause I can always find it... but it's not like I look for it all that often. Peace out.


No comments: