Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rain Again

Rain Again

I played a song this morning
I've missed the song
and I've missed the playing
the rain always threatening
the clouds just a few shades too light at the moment
leaves sit in puddles from yesterday's precipitation
and the grass is green in the crisp air of fall
I sit by the phone and wait for a call that seems
to haunt my waking hours
It never rings
but here comes the rain again

These dark, wet days are pretty exhausting.  They are perfect days to just stay in bed with a good book, read some pages of the good book, and then go back to bed after just a few pages to rest your eyes because they feel so heavy.  It's supposed to be a fair bit warmer and dryer in the next few days.  I guess that means I can go for some runs outside again.  I can't wait to turn my runners into treadmill shoes for the winter.  Running outside in the cold air hurts my jaw, ears and neck.  Peace out.

No comments: