Friday, January 1, 2010

Calendar

Calendar

It's the first
and the last
page of the
calendar
is flipped
to reveal
the end of
an arbitrary
period defined
as a year
With no further
purpose
it finds a new
home in a blue
bin to join the
time capsule of society
- the landfill
fare thee well

Yup. Start the year with something weak. That way I have a lot of room to grow... unfortunately, today is not my first time writing. It's like eating a tonne of food before you start a diet so you can start with a heavier starting weight. Just watch me win the most improved writer award this year. Just watch.

There's something cathartic about throwing out a calendar. I dunno what it is. It's like starting a new leaf, purging your room of last year whether it was good or not. An old calendar just doesn't serve much purpose anymore. Every time I throw out a calendar, I'm tempted to keep it. I don't really write much on my calendars but I do write down some appointments and such. I think that maybe it would serve as a good "log" of my year/life. But I always end up throwing them away... except for that one calendar that I left on my wall til May of the wrong year. But that's a story for another time... or never if I'm a writer on HIMYM. Anyways... so I did throw out my calendar today. It was an olympics calendar and now I'm sporting an RBC calendar even though I don't bank with them.

Sorry, I feel kinda like typing today so I'm gonna go on a little more. Something I've noticed this year is that over the period of a month, I get used to having the same picture in the corner of my eye and when I have to change the page and see a new picture, it takes me a while to get used to it. It's almost like my room doesn't feel like my room anymore. Or sometimes I won't like the new picture and miss the old one. K. I'm done. Sorry. I know. I'm boring. Peace out.

No comments: