Thursday, December 31, 2009

20/20

20/20

Myopic vision of the future
barely seeing past my nose
Hyperopic when it comes to the past
seeing each step in the dance
Everything that happened this year
a blurry vision at best
Another winter diary written
to collect dust with the rest of the annals of my life
Melodramatic at its core
the rantings of a memory whore
I spend the time to read the pages
living the year in rewind
an ode to auld lang syne

Cliche at its cheesiest. I didn't know how I wanted to end this year of blogging. I was debating if I wanted to end with a bang or start the new year with a bang. (not like this piece is super awesome), but I did try to hold back from writing the past couple of days to build up the creative pressure in my head... so that when I eventually sat down, I wouldn't crap out garbage. Anyways, HNY all my peeps. Peace out.

No comments: