Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Other Side

The Other Side

I saw her today
for the first time
on the other side
of my dream
in the real world
flesh and bone
sitting there
alone
on a park bench
reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter
a back pack on her shoulder
left arm in a brace
I close my eyes
and remember the sweet embrace
that we shared in a fairy tale
in a universe far far away
but here's my chance for something real
to retire my rod and reel
and no longer worry about how many fish are in the sea
or having people tell me that it was my destiny
to meet you eventually

Nice. I like how I threw in a specific detail to make it seem like I was actually writing about something real. Of course it's not real. I hardly write about anything real. I'm far too private a person to actually write something real. I'm not saying that I've never written anything real on here but with so few real pieces among so many nonsense pieces, I feel confident that only the people who already know what I am talking about can decipher what I'm talking about. Haha. Circular, I know. Peace out.

No comments: