Friday, January 15, 2010

The Dream was the Moon

The Dream was the Moon

The dream was the moon
and boy did we shoot for it
with our rifles pointing to the sky
as it morphs from one shade of blue
into another and then into black

The stars came out
and we sat down to enjoy some cold ones
talking and laughing about our day in the sun
reflecting on the fact that we've already forgotten
half the things that were said and done
and the moon remains
waiting to be conquered by mightier warriors

Don't ask me what that was about. I have no idea. I seriously was ready to let my streak end today but I just wasn't ready to let it go. I was doing some math and I realized that even though I've been doing this for 4 years, I haven't even written 365 entries. That's so lame. I suck. Maybe that means I need to write more. I dunno... or that I'm not good at guessing when it comes to blog entries. Peace out.

No comments: