Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter

Winter

Winter
It's the season for staying indoors
writing about warmer times
and greener things
sharing dreams
that make absolutely no sense
and thinking over things you've said
all the regrets
The world moves too slowly
on this cold, cold night
leaving you with too much time

It seems that winter is my favourite season to write about. Maybe it is or maybe it's due to me wanting to start the year off writing and then realizing that I haven't written enough when the end of the year approaches so I end up writing more in January and December. Perhaps if we move New Years to the summer, we can see if I write more about summer.

I was watching an interview yesterday and the person being interviewed said, "I have no regrets. I wouldn't change anything." I've always hated when people say that. I mean, sure, it's something you can say about your strategic approach to Survivor or something finite, but to say that about your life just comes off as really selfish to me. I think when people say such ridiculous things, they are only thinking about the hurt that they have felt. They feel that the hurt in their lives was necessary for them to be better people, but that is only half of the equation. They tend to forget that they have hurt a lot of people in their lives as well. So saying that you wouldn't change anything or that you have no regrets can either be seen as insensitive to others, or arrogant... like saying, "you're welcome... I'm making you stronger." Anyways, I didn't feel like my latest few posts were ranty enough. I'm finished. I know that I've touched on this topic previously already. Peace out.

No comments: