Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lust

Lust

What a rush
this lust is
your red lipstick
and the thought of kisses
The dance or the game
it's all the same
no matter what you call it
My heart pounds
racing my blood
and rosying my cheeks
We don't know what to do
and stand there like awkward freaks

I've been getting a few more hits on this thing then I'm used to. I'm trying to not let it affect what I write about but it's hard sometimes. It's so hard being an artist. Oh yeah, I forgot to rant about something yesterday. I also wrote "another lie" because I was really frustrated with the cliche story line of a book/tv show/movie where a character will tell a lie and then will jump through so many crazy hoops just to avoid being caught in the lie... especially when it seems to the audience that the lie was definitely tamer than anything the character had to do to cover up the lie. The "covering up the lie" storyline for me is almost as bad as a storyline that revolves around a impossibly stupid character (as in not bright). I don't even want to get started with that. Peace out.

No comments: