Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Spring (6)

The Spring (6)

The damage has been done
as the waters freeze and thaw.
The streets are torn apart
creating pitfalls for the unsuspecting.
Your car hasn't been fixed
since your last encounter.
Your alignment is shot.
Your goals and dreams have gone to pot.
She is smiling for all to see
and what's more, she invited you to her party.

I wanted to start another series like my Spring series, but I couldn't think of anything that I might be able to write a few poems on.  I guess that's what would be the challenge.  It's fun to try to write different things with the same title.  Often times, I comment that maybe I would like to redo a piece that I wrote but didn't really like... maybe by doing series, it would give me the chance to write similar pieces and maybe improve on them.  Peace out.

No comments: