Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shoes Made for Summer

Shoes Made for Summer

The cold winter air
enters my lungs
and reminds me that I'm alive.
I walk the slippery streets
in shoes made for summer
straining muscles to maintain balance.
Slipping and sliding occasionally
jarring me awake from my day dream.
Were my eyes closed?
I can't get her out of my mind
the redhead, lady crimson
She collected men as though they were stamps.
Soaking them to weaken their resolve
and sorting them in binders
by country of origin, value and year.

I don't really know any redheads but I always think of redheads as being magical. Hahaha. I know it's silly and an old fashioned idea, but there is something mysterious about a redhead. Of course, nowadays, I'm sure a lot of redheads aren't true redheads but w/e. Last night, I had a dream about someone giving me a bunch of stamps. I used to collect them when I was in grade 4. My teacher was really into it at the time and I was young and easily corrupted. As years went by, my love of stamps quickly faded but people kept giving me stamps. Stamp collecting must be a dying hobby with the slow death of snail mail. Everybody needs someone special to snail mail... if not just to keep stamps in existence. Peace out.

No comments: