Sunday, March 8, 2009

Apple Tree

Apple Tree

I feel spring
in the daffodil bulbs
They hide under the snow
preparing to bloom
in whites and yellows
And I find myself waiting
for the seasons to change
waiting for the snows to turn into rain
And I recall the day
late one year in the fall
when I met you on a low hanging branch
after you called
I held you there
tight to me
but that was once upon a time
on an apple tree

Hahaha. I wanted to write something a bit brighter today after yesterday's piece. Again, the piece had a mind of its own. I remember when I was growing up, I always wanted to have a nice brand new house with an old (100+ year old) apple tree. I'm not sure why that became a dream of mine but it did. There's something beautiful in an old fruit tree... the gnarly branches, the blossoms in the spring, and all the seasons of fruit in its history. I dunno. It's silly. Peace out.

No comments: