Sunday, March 15, 2009

Princess

Princess

I long for something
something beautiful
in a red dress
the butterfly king's daughter
the lovely princess
She brings the calm
as she teaches me to dance
Amongst all this war
will our love have a chance?

Today's piece was inspired by tonight's NBC series premiere of Kings. Basically they should call the series 1 Samuel. It's interesting watching a tv show where you know where things are heading. I know that knowing the ending is usually fine for movies but it's a little different when it's a tv show. I wonder how much NBC will "borrow" from the story of King David... but then again, I guess no one will sue for violation of intellectual property.

I finished the first week of the P90X program today. I think I have 12 more weeks to go for the 90 days total. I can say that I'm not as sore as I was the first few days but I'm totally not looking forward to tomorrow when all the pain is cycled again. Hopefully I'll dream of princesses tonight. Peace out.

No comments: