Saturday, March 7, 2009

Falling Forward

Falling Forward

Falling forward
head over heel
I stumble
on this stony path
that I've been walking
for too long
without a single sign
to tell me where I am
or where I'm going
My lonely foot steps
marking up the dust
in meandering patterns
until all of a sudden
my eyes land on signage:
"Dead end" (I lower my chin)
"Turn around"
"I'm still with him"

Sigh. Lovely and cheerful as always. Today I read a post about Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do or however it's spelled. I'm kinda itching to do some isometric exercise training now. Anyways, today's piece started as something inspired by the "spring forward" time change mentality and then the piece had a mind of its own and ended up where it ended up. I think I enjoy being a "hater" because I really can't stand fanboi-ism but I think I'm an optimist in general. I always think I have a chance. My imagination can always find a way for me to win. The reality is different though. I hate spring forward. Boo-urns. Peace out.

1 comment:

L. said...

I had forgotten about spring forward! Thanks for reminding me! Hard for the mornings, but I love the light at the end of the day:)

I like your poem. I like the way you have the signs at the end. Sad, but well done.