Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mirrors

Mirrors

I'm not made of stone
just flesh, blood and bone
My eyes are broken mirrors
that see shattered images of myself
and feet sore and calloused
with abuse and too many miles travelled
The pain in my heart has no rival
"Hold on tightly and let go lightly"
I've never been able to learn that lesson

I watched Croupier today starring Clive Owen. I had never heard of it but it was on tv and I was tired of reading. The line in quotes is from the movie... or at least what I remember the line being. I tried to write today with the sentiments from the movie although not really. I started reading Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison today. So far it's a good read. I wonder if I'll ever write my book. Maybe I'll be a one book author just like the protagonist in Croupier. Peace out.

No comments: