Monday, January 26, 2009

Untitled

Untitled

Wake me up from a dream that pretends to be memories
of imagined events that trick my mind into
believing a history that never occurred
The new song - just a variation on our too familiar melody
with two voices intertwined like the helix of the dna molecule
spiraling downwards to a new place
in time and space
coming and going and ever returning
like the needle on old vinyl records
tracing our destinies mapped by engineers long gone

Weird. I'm kinda distracted at the moment because I just found out that some thing that I was signed up on online had a security breach and thus I just went in and changed all my passwords because I started feeling paranoid. I wish there was an easier way to authenticate oneself instead of these stupid passwords that are easily forgotten and easy to compromise.

Anyway, today's piece is based on a lecture I was listening to about a study that showed that by viewing photoshopped images, a person's attitude to a certain event in history can be altered. By seeing the new image, the person creates new feelings about the event and changes whether or not they would participate in a similar event in the future. I didn't explain that well but whatever. I thought I'd correlate that idea and use it to explain why after a night of vivid dreams, you actually feel different when you wake up... because the vivid images (although not real) can affect your attitudes and emotions towards certain subjects. *sigh... that sucked. Well, the good thing about writing more is that I have a chance to write something better tomorrow. Peace out.

1 comment:

L. said...

I had a dream the other night of a double helix stairway. Your poem just reminded me of it! Dreams do pretend to be memories, I think. Sometimes they can be so vivid, it makes the waking day confusing.

I really like the whole poem. The images are very strong.

Hope your security breach turns out to be nothing. What a pain!