Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Spine

Spine

My hand feels drawn to the small of your back

as if all the chaotic forces of the universe
are at rest when my fingers meet your skin
I trace the bumps of your spine
in this time beyond time

and I'm reminded of our journey together
never smooth
with hills and valleys
interfered with by the ebb and flow of life

Lolz. I didn't think I was gonna end it like that. I think I need some balance of emotion in my pieces. I was really tempted in having the last line be something like "that you'd return... just to cut me with a knife". (edited the poem... now that bit doesn't make sense.) Hahaha... balance though I think. This piece is semi-happy... but when I read it, I read it kinda as a black happy or whatever the proper term is. Maybe. Peace out.

4 comments:

L. said...

You did it again:) This is beautiful...

Joe said...

thanks, but I didn't really like how this one turned out but I do like the concept of the bumpy backbone analogy.

L. said...

You could just cut off the last two lines and maybe it would then be perfect.

L. said...

:)