Thursday, January 8, 2009

Time

Time

Time - defined as the vibrations of the caesium-133 atom
For me, I take it a day at a time
sitting contemplatively and spinning my rhymes
making up words and thinking up grand designs
On your part, you only give me enough time
to share in your broken heart

before you start a new relationship
like the pause between the intake of another breath
And once again, my hopes meet their death
Wisdom says that time will heal
Time for me just makes it more real

Today's piece came from a strange inspiration I think. Yesterday, I was listening to a lecture about how physicists went about creating atomic clocks. It was a very interesting talk. I must say I listened to it twice because I enjoyed it so much. Besides that, the other themes in the piece are some things that I've been wanting to write about for a while now... but I won't get into it. I don't want future Joe to have to deal with present Joe's desire to vent frustrations. Peace out.

3 comments:

L. said...

I really like the ending of this poem. I think you are right that time "just makes it more real".

Joe said...

thanks... I liked your latest pieces too. I thought you were going to take a break for a while but it's nice seeing your new pieces.

L. said...

I was going to take a break...but my daughter inspires me to keep going... Thanks:)