Monday, January 5, 2009

The Falcon

The Falcon

Black and sleek
made of the unknown
coveted by four
lied and killed for...
a fake
it was all for naught

Read The Maltese Falcon today. It was my first time reading it but I can't help but feel that I'm familiar with the storyline and the archetypes. For some reason I think I remember the Muppet Babies doing their own spin on the story...

Today was the gold match in the world junior hockey tournament. It was a big deal to have Canada win 5 straight... it's hard to imagine the pressure on all those kids 17, 18 and 19 years old. I'm proud of those guys and envy them. Few in their lifetimes get to be a part of something great. Maybe being a part of something great is the same as striving to be a part of something beautiful. Peace out.

No comments: