Tuesday, May 21, 2019

tomorrow

i walked on clouds today thinking of you
even though my feet are like lead
and my calves tighter than i'd like
limping behind schedule as it is
but i smile and think of what could be
i dare to dream again
and put my hopes out into the ether
my wheelchair future
and a dream of late spring
flings and rings
and tulips bursting from the ground
i look around and see you 
there this whole time
rhymes cannot capture this moment
i throw off the laments
and look forward to tomorrow

Wanted to write something a little happier today. I'm still trying to process my 100k step success. I was told that completing the challenge showed my commitment. I'm not sure "commitment" is the right word. If it was only about commitment, there would never have been a doubt in my mind that I was going to be able to do it. I'm not sure if the word is determination or tenacity... but I doubted I could finish from mid-afternoon on but pushed through.  Perhaps I dared to dream.  Peace out.

No comments: