Wednesday, May 29, 2019

HTFILWA Ch 5: Worth

I tried so hard
I almost burst
trying to show you I'm worth
worth the time to sit and think
and sync your thoughts with mine
take more time if you need it
to realize I'm worth -- a diamond in rare earth

I'm not sure why in my head "burst" rhymes with "worth".  Today's chapter was on deservingness but I thought that was a mouthful to try to rhyme with. The chapter reminded me of some advice someone gave me on a night that was supposed to be honoring me. The context (for some reason) was give him advice on how to find a lady friend. I don't remember what she said word for word but it was something along the lines of work on yourself so that you are worthy of the girl you want to be with. To this day, that advice still rubs me the wrong way. Read into that however you'd like. Peace out.

No comments: