Monday, May 20, 2019

Power of Lies

it is amazing
the power of the lies that we tell ourselves
enabling us to put one foot in front of the other
even though the pain is unbearable
we can juggle the paradox of impossible things
holding onto dreams from sunnier days
the things she says
twisted and remembered in a new light
saved as fuel in your battery for the next fight
the miracle of the tiny seed
that grows to help accomplish the next impossible deed

It's interesting to me how we can believe things that are not real. Examples include thinking that a girl will magically fall in love with you if you could run one more mile than you were able to the week before... or convincing your legs to move by imagining a scary dog is chasing you. We have the ability to motivate ourselves with lies. If I was feeling more optimistic today, I might have phrased it, "We have the ability to motivate ourselves with dreams." But what is the difference between lies and dreams? Perhaps it's the side of the bed you got out of that morning.

I did my 100,000 step challenge yesterday. I've been in pain all day. I can barely move. Ask me in a week if it was worth it. I'm feeling a little empty right now and have constant chills. Peace out.

No comments: