Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Hidden Agenda - Item 2: See her

when your love is true
move on to step two and see her
do not overlook the obvious things
necklaces, earrings and rings
shoes and slight changes in hair styles
linger a while
and take photos with your mind
be kind and notice
the less tangible
see the things she is too scared to show you
see between the lines
recognize what is different this time
love her and see her with all you can
let her know you understand

This series is wrecking me and I'm only on step 2. I'm planning on 6 steps... and some of them are definitely steps I've never experienced and can only speculate what they would be like.

I walked the river this morning before work and thought it would be nice to take out my headphones and enjoy the sound of the river. River sounds were quite muted, but my thoughts were fairly loud. I leaned into the sadness and it pulled me. I was drowning as the day progressed and had to go home early. The things we do for art. I'm going to walk the river again before work tomorrow. I don't know if doing it again will fix me or break me beyond repair. Peace out.

No comments: