Saturday, May 25, 2019

HTFILWA Ch 1: Right

There was nothing left to do
but to go right
and enter the night
with a skip and a story
the glory of the scene
setting up the next few years
talking over beers and peanuts
like time shaping the stream
but tonight lacked ice cream

So I'm reading "How to Fall in Love with Anyone" by Mandy Len Catron and thought it would be fun to write something about each chapter.  Chapter 1 discusses the concept of the "right person" and talks about different types of right: moral, narrative, etc. For a long time in my youth, I believed in the One. Pretty famous for it actually but then I transitioned to believing timing was almost more important. Maybe it's not about the "right person" but the right person for right now. Although I don't really believe that is a great answer either because picking a person based on the limited rubric of right now is, by definition, a losing strategy in the long run.

Tell me the story of how you met. Peace out.

No comments: