Sunday, February 7, 2010

I've looked...

I've looked...

I've looked
but I can't find the words
I picked up the nouns
but dropped the verbs
They slipped through my fingers
as I rushed over here
I've looked and I've looked
but they're not to be found anywhere

I stand and audibly sigh
with my hands resting on my hips
I think about the journey and conclude
that I must have dropped them when I slipped
...

On the ice
and my clumsy tongue
"I'll go look again", I say
and off I go - run, run, run

I found the words scattered all over the lawn
I know what to say now but my courage is gone

Wow. That was a long piece for me. I had no idea where I was going with it when I started it but I guess it ended up in my cliche style ending. I don't even need to sign my name on some of these. They are obviously written by me.

Boy am I frustrated. Colts lost and people drive me crazy. At least Jennifer Jones won today. Peace out.

No comments: