Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Garbage Day

Garbage Day

There's a garbage day every week
but there's a new dance today
with automated garbage collection machines
going up and down the streets
making unfamiliar noises
A metallic claw reaches out
and grabs the bin
emptying its contents 15 feet in the air
There's no more need for humans
It's the rise of the machines

Yup. Wanted to write something lame today. My area of the city is testing out the new automated garbage collection system. It's quite stupid. Today was the first day that the bins were used. I saw a story about them on the news last night and how everyone was complaining about how much they suck. I dunno. I think they are big enough. So that's not an issue for me. I also feel the wheels work fairly well so there shouldn't be too much of an issue moving them out for collection. I do think it's dumb that we can't put them out overnight during the winter due to snow removal. I just don't understand why it saves money. It just seems to be a much slower process now but I guess they save money hiring less humans. If they ever make machines to fix machines, the human race is screwed. Peace out.

No comments: