Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Favourite

The Favourite

Today is longer than it was yesterday
at least it feels that way
Time seems to have slowed
as I wait in anticipation
with the hopes of the nation
on my shoulders
They take in a breath
building the pressure needed to cheer me on
as I cross the line
hopefully first
to match the number on my bib
I have to win
I have to take this
after all, I am the favourite

Yup, back to olympics talk. Everyone loves the underdog. However, in sports that I don't follow, I like to cheer for the favourite. I want to see them do well. I want to watch them live up to the expectations because I know that everyone will be on them if they "choke". It's so sad really. The Olympics are only big because they come around every 4 years and allows the drama of a small window of opportunity of bringing home the gold. Here's to all the favourites. May you bring home the gold. Peace out.

No comments: