Monday, July 27, 2009

Young

Young

Loving you has made me young again
there's no more talk about how this is now and that was then
The hop has returned to my step
I feel so awake and yet I've barely slept
I think of you with a smile on my face
and eagerly ride my bike to your place
to throw rocks at your window
to tempt you from your pillow
and maybe go and sit on the porch
lit by the light of a mosquito torch
We talk and watch the occasional car drive by
I wonder how the moth got together with the butterfly
They say nobody can see what happens beyond the bend
but I'm convinced our story will never end

Lame. I know. Tonight was the season finale of The Bachelorette. My poor Reid. Sigh. Anyways, it got me thinking about something. Reid came back to try to win over Jillian after she had already sent him home. He loved her and was so convinced that the story would end with them being together happily ever after. I think the uncanny ability to picture things working out in your favour goes hand in hand with love and crushes. Even with the experience that age brings, we always fall back to our childlike mentalities that things will work out for the best. We don't really learn when it comes to love. We always hope. We always dream that we are the stars of the storyline. That she is the girl and you are the boy that the pastry chefs modelled the figures after to place on the wedding cake. Peace out.

No comments: