Monday, August 3, 2009

Caught in the Storm

Caught in the Storm

The sky darkens
and the wind picks up
I'll be caught in the storm
oh such is my luck
I've already walked for too long
it's too far to turn back
The H approaches the L
on the internet weather map
The clouds open
and the sky unleashes its fiery
the rains are pouring
I think, "What's the hurry?"
The streets start to flood
and the water on the lawn starts to pool
I didn't carry an umbrella
I'm just that cool

Pointless again today. I just wanted to write something today because I felt like I haven't written in a while. There wasn't a storm today but it felt like the sky wanted to. It just needed someone to dare it to, or look at it the wrong way. I tried to go for a run. It was horribly unproductive. It was unbelievably winding. I believe the weather channel said that it was gusting up to 60 km/hr. It felt like it. It felt like no matter what ordinal direction I was running in, I was running straight into the wind. I'm glad it didn't start pouring. It did get really dark rather quickly though. I'm reminded of a time a few years ago, when I was out running and the skies just opened up and it started pouring hard. This car pulls up beside me and 4 people run out and they ask me to take a picture of them infront of this school sign. I think they were doing some scavenger hunt. I took the picture for them and they said thanks and drove off and I walked home in the rain... drenched to the bone. I hate having wet socks. Boo-urns. Peace out.


No comments: