Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hourglass

Hourglass

Indulge me and sit a while
and watch the sand fall in life's hourglass
It falls so slowly
yet with the aid of time
a hill becomes a mountain
Notice the yellow line of paint
a milestone I marked this day one year ago
three inches under today's date
We haven't spoken since then
and now it's too late

Wow, that was not good. I think for some people, the less they write, the better their pieces because they have all this creativity pent up inside them. I think it works the opposite for me. The better the idea that I have, the more it handcuffs me and leaves me struggling to match my expectations. I need to write more I think.

On another note, I'm thinking of buying a camcorder to help me write songs. There's no way I'll be able to remember melodies that I make up in my head. And I'm too lazy to figure out what chords I played by just listening to the audio. I dunno. I wanna write something. Peace out.

No comments: