Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Clock

My Clock

My clock is broken
and so is time
My mind trapped in the past
lost in rewind
My hands
searching through the broken glass
to find the broken parts
I wonder if time gets stronger at the cracks
like healed bone
or is it forever gone
impossible to get back

This morning I woke without an alarm
determined to make a memory
that would last
and stand the test of time
unlike the lilac blossoms that are gone
their fragrance long forgotten

Hmm... not sure what that was about, but my clock isn't broken btw. I don't even know where that came from really. Today's piece is complete nonsense. On my flight home from Calgary, I wsa reading some of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Maybe that has gotten me into a strange mood. I just wanted to get writing again cause it seems that my pace has slowed down a great deal. Today, I saw a trailer for The Time Traveler's Wife. I'm excited to see it. I read the book a few months back... or maybe it was almost a year ago, I dunno. It doesn't hurt that Rachel McAdams will be in the film. **drool. Peace out.

No comments: