Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sour Grapes

Sour Grapes

I remember the days when we used to run and our hearts would race
I'd count the minutes and you set the pace
I long for those days. My heart has grown lazy
and I gaze at the photos with memory hazy
I can no longer remember the small things
the details elude me
Frustrated, I cry. I don't know what's gotten to me
The days seem to slip through my fingers like tiny grains of sand
and now you're off somewhere in a foreign land
Like a child I wait for you behind the drapes
my hands wet, holding freshly washed sour grapes

Hahaha. I wanted to write something yesterday but I couldn't really come up with anything. I was in the shower and I was thinking about the oddity of seedless watermelon. Actually, I don't even know if seeded watermelons are even available anymore. Isn't it odd that some of these fruits have no seeds? How does life go on without seeds? And then I was thinking about how there have been seedless grapes forever... and that's when I decided that I needed to write about grapes. And this is what you got. Oh well. I then started thinking that if I write about grapes, is that equivalent to an artist drawing a bowl of fruit... writing about fruit. I dunno. I'm crazy. Peace out.

No comments: