Friday, July 17, 2009

Helen Burns

Helen Burns

Spring has set with the blooming of the crimson double-daisies
and I have not seen you for a few days
as the doctor has you locked away
You've fallen ill
and are not long for this world
What would God need with this little girl?
You cough and I know that you are fading fast
I try to choose my words carefully, they'll be my last
"I love you, my friend. I'll remember all I've learned
Rest in peace my dear, dear Helen Burns."

Yup, you guessed right. I'm reading Jane Eyre again. And by "again", I mean for the first time. This has been a tough read and I'm still not even 1/5 through the book yet. I just don't really care about anything that is happening so far. I'm too used to wizards and spells, revenge and wars. At least Bronte killed off a semi-important character. Oh well, back to reading it I guess. Peace out.

No comments: