Friday, February 6, 2009

wave

wave

wave after wave
you've taken me by storm
as I collide with my future
by visiting the past
naked in the meadow
with no where to hide
cold and alone
I sit by your side
I prod you for secrets
and to give me my first kiss
you tell me to be patient
all the surprises you don't want me to miss

I read The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger today. It was nice to read something with a really tangible storyline. The structure of the story really reminded me of the current season of Lost which made me love it even more. Of course today's piece is based on the book. At times, I felt very awkward with a 40 something Henry visiting a teenage Clare. I'm still now sure how I fell about certain events in the book but it makes me wonder how my life would be different if a future self came to visit me. Maybe I would be able to observe him and guess how my life ends up. Peace out.

No comments: