Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's the...

It's the...

It's the awkwardness
a break in your routine
as you stand in a crowd
looking for a seat
at a table that isn't there

It's the dartiness
in your eyes
as they dance around the room
looking for a familiar face
who won't see you

It's the restlessness
in your legs
as they resist the urge
to turn and run
to run away from it all

It's the hopelessness
in your dreams
you grasps for straws
as everyone else drinks
your milkshake

I watched the Oscars tonight. I rather liked how they got previous winners to present to the supporting/lead awards. It was nice to see the previous "generation" of winners passing on the oscar to the "next generation". It makes it seem like one big happy family. As I watched the Oscars tonight, I realized that I haven't seen any movies this year. It's not like I normally have seen the movies nominated because they usually are more obscure and artsy. Anyways, in a way, this piece today is a tribute to the Oscars. Peace out.

No comments: