Friday, February 27, 2009

Swing

Swing

Swing red and blue
as people gather with ballots
to vote for their person
of choice. To have a voice
of say. It will be decided today
if we shall eat or have homes
to live in or jobs to toil at.

I'm listening to a podcast about "swing states" at the moment. Being Canadian, I find the american political system very fascinating. (hmm... seems like I've been political lately) I think I really like the american 2 party system. In Canada, we have 3 or 4 parties and it seems so much more difficult to achieve a majority government that can actually get stuff done. I find it a little curious that the republicans are being blamed for sabotaging the stimulus bill. They have no power in the congress or the senate so how can they sabotage things? I dunno. Maybe we need to return to monarchs. Peace out.

No comments: