Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Choir

Choir

We play dumb
and walk in circles
avoiding the pressures of the world
We revert to just a boy
and just a girl

We try to sing
but we've forgotten the words
The lyrics becoming overly familiar
We lip sync
and get lost in the choir


I was pretty frustrated when I wrote this today. I had a great idea for something yesterday on the bus, but I've forgotten it. It's so annoying. The idea was good too. I was so excited when I came up with it. Too bad I didn't have anything to write with.

I'm not good at taking the bus or train. Whenever there are a lot of people trying to get on, I always find myself at the end of the line. It doesn't matter where I am before the bus/train get there, I always find myself at the back. I don't really mind though. It's been a long time since I've ran to catch a bus. I am fine with just waiting for the next one. When the train comes and it's full, I just let it go. I have all the time in the world... or so I tell myself.

I've also been rather annoyed about the bus departing etiquette. I feel that people on the back of the bus should get off last. When I'm sitting in the middle of the bus, the people on the back insist on getting off first. When I'm sitting in the back of the bus, I end up getting off the bus last. There's no consistency. It's lose/lose for me. What else is new. Peace out.

No comments: