Sunday, May 30, 2010

Wax and Wane

Wax and Wane

Oh to fall in love on a train
or whilst walking in the rain under the same umbrella
What will become of me
will I be happy?
We ask questions
and gaze into the night sky
thinking stars in their waxing and waning
have some magical wisdom
We moan and groan
under our own expectations
They weigh on us and wear out our knees
carrying self-made burdens through life
searching for celebrity friends and a future wife

I think when people are forced to create something, they all reach for their "goto" topics. Patterns can be easily discerned when reading books, listening to songs or watching movies. Creators tend to have themes that they like or images that appear in everything they do. Apparently I really want to meet a girl on a train.

The other day I watched Daybreakers. Ethan Hawke was in it and it just reminded me of the Before Sunrise and Before Sunset movies. Man do I love those movies. Maybe I need to go to Europe and ride the trains for a while. I need to start thinking about what books to read while on the train to make me a mysterious man that beautiful women approach and make small talk. Haha.

On a total aside, I'm listening to the Wonderful Wizard of Oz at the moment. Yesterday, I discovered Librivox.org. It's a site for free audiobooks recorded by volunteers. Haha. I'll never have to read again!!! That is if I only want to "read" books that are already in the public domain. Oh well. Peace out.

No comments: