Thursday, May 20, 2010

Candles Deep in the Woods

Candles Deep in the Woods

The image grows foggy around the edges
as my heart slows and the lights on the ceiling glow
like flickering candles deep in the woods
There's only time for a few more words of comfort
as you hold my hand
I've never liked you very much
I close my eyes
and count the ducks
The general consensus is my ending sucks

Today's piece was inspired by the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. I wrote it from the perspective of the goon doctor from Mercy West that died... spoiler alert btw. I decided that I wanted to write something about it when Mandy Moore's character told him that the girl that he had a crush on for years knew b/c "girls always know". It was meant to be something comforting but it really is just a last slap in the face before he dies. She basically said "she knew that you liked her but ignored it because she wasn't into you in that way." Ha. Some comfort.
Everybody knows though. Peace out.

No comments: