Thursday, May 6, 2010

I Heard a Song Once...

I Heard a Song Once...

I heard a song once
It was red I think
or pink or orange
some colour pulled from the sunrise
The light glittering off your blue eyes
or were they green?
I don't think I can remember anymore
not for lack of effort
or busyness of chores that I find myself doing
Moving things around my room
trying to rebalance my life without you in it
The scale tips one way today
and another the next
my best efforts ever fall short
And then the song comes on the radio
the song that haunted the background
now it fills my ears and flood my eyes

Wow, this is kinda sad. The season for new television episodes are quickly coming to an end. They all seem to have to build up something sad before the finale so that the finale can be that much brighter. This piece was inspired by the sad episodes, the despair, the death of characters that were there from the beginning. When Lost ends, I want to "eternal sunshine" my mind and watch it all over again. Peace out.

No comments: