Monday, March 8, 2010

Uncertain Days

Uncertain Days

It's hard
on the uncertain days
when you reach for the notes
uncertain
that you'll be able to find them
in the noise
of today's cities
with cars
stereos
planes, trains
fighting for audible attention
The tangible sounds of the world
bombarding your ear drums
drowning out your own thoughts
and your search within yourself
grows ever harder
The note now is even more elusive
you take a breath and stand back
belting it out
too bad it's flat

I dunno. I watched the rest of the Oscars this morning. Everybody wants to create something beautiful. I've said that many times. But when I watch the Oscars, I always think to myself, "I could do that." I could be a sound mixer, do make-up, write a screen play or direct a movie... I probably can't do any of those things at an Oscar level but maybe I could. Maybe everyone could. Maybe everyone has the talent for their 15 minutes. I only want 4 minutes. Peace out.

No comments: