Sunday, March 7, 2010

Resist

Resist

Resist or persist
You are my dream
or at least a usual resident
that drops in once in a while
when I've scrounged up the strength to sleep
after days that are too long
A song or melody
that dances on the tip of my tongue
or just beyond my ears
Fears and laughter
swirl around
marbling together as they drain
from my mind as electrical impulses
and transferred chemicals
the nerve endings dancing with excitement
I concede
I'm too tired and alone
Go ahead
Make yourself at home


That was my stream of conscience piece. Weak, but done. I watched part of the Oscars tonight and it got me thinking... do I have a story to tell? A great story? Everyone dreams about writing the great american novel or canadian on my part. I wonder if I have a story in me. I wonder how often the great stories people "write" are just reinterpretations of their own lives. I dunno. I've flirted with the idea of writing something longer, of more substance. One part of me wants to get a complete outline finished before I write a full sentence, and another side of me knows that if I don't write a sentence, I'll never write a paragraph/page/chapter/book. But do I have a story? I think that's the question that needs to be addressed first. Peace out.

No comments: