Monday, March 15, 2010

Too Early for Tulips

Too Early for Tulips

I went for a walk today
but it was too early for tulips
The snow is just starting to melt
not even the green shoots are out yet
The sidewalks are wet and dirty
and the streets are covered with sand
I had my headphones on
but I was given a friendly nod from this one man

Haha, this piece is definitely a vehicle to introduce what I want to talk about today and is not a piece to be taken seriously... unlike my other pieces. /s. It's getting pretty warm around here nowadays although I'm not fooled and believe that snow will come again before spring truly sets in. I went for a walk today. I don't think I'm getting enough vitamin D but that's a different story altogether. I like spring. It means I can run outside again and write about running outside again. Running is a nice fall back topic for me to write about. I also like spring for the tulips. I saw a little segment on the CBS news last week (I think it was) and they were talking about how there are no tulips in California because tulips need the winter/cold cycle to do whatever plants do in the winter. That's so sad I think. Tulips are worth the snow. Hahaha.

On a totally different note, I hate drivers. As a pedestrian, I assume that all drivers are jerks. That way, I can avoid getting hit by them. Similarly, when I'm driving, I assume all pedestrians are idiots. That way, I can avoid running them over. But today, as a pedestrian, I wanted to kick a car. It's similar to the feeling of wanting to run people over when they don't know how to safely cross the street. A car totally rolled through a stop sign as he was turning left. 99% of drivers would have stopped at the stop sign and let me cross the street since I was totally there and had the right of way. In practice, I think a good rule is you should be allowed to kick a car if you are close enough to kick the car. I don't know why but that incident got me really riled up. I wanted to hurt that driver so badly. Is sidewalk rage something? Anyone want to write a paper about? Peace out.

No comments: